Home Group LeadersLearn what it takes to be a home group leader.
Connecting People through G-d
Home Group Leader Qualifications
- Must be born again, believing that Yeshua is Messiah and only through faith in Him is one redeemed/saved through the blood that He shed for the forgiveness of sins. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Romans 10:9-10)
- Must be walking in obedience to the truth of His Word. The proof of that obedience is fruit. A leader will be accountable to other believers in the group as well as to their regional representative to ensure proper leadership is maintained. (Galatians 5:22-23, John 15:5)
- Must have a desire to grow spiritually as well as see others grow/mature in their faith. The leader must be able to facilitate discussions and ask questions to stir meaningful conversation and help truth be more clearly understood and applied. (Matthew 5:6, Psalm 63:1, Jeremiah 29:13)
- Must have a heart to discern false teachings, and when appropriate, warn others when unbiblical ideas or thoughts are presented. Must demonstrate biblical maturity and discernment. (2 Timothy 2:15, Joshua 1:7, Romans 12:2)
- Must be organized and able to guide the group in an orderly manner. The leader must be well-studied and properly prepared. (1 Corinthians 14:40)
- Must be committed to prayer, and encourage members of the group to continually pray for each other. (Colossians 4:2, 1 Timothy 2:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)
- Must welcome the presence of the Holy Spirit to be the one in charge to help provide illumination and understanding of the scriptures. (1 Thessalonians 5:19, John 14:26)
- Must not be puffed up, but clothed in humility, leading the group as a loving servant. Must be willing and capable to reach out for additional wise council if unable to answer a specific question or issue. (LITRR will likely be a good point of contact.)(1 Corinthians 4:6, Rom 12:10)
- Must be a man who leads the group and guides the discussion. A woman can lead a group only in a setting of other women. (1 Timothy 2:11-12, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, Ephesians 5:22-33)
- Must be in agreement with and adhere to the L.I.T. statement of faith.
IMPORTANT: If a group takes on more of a “congregational” model, additional qualifications for the group leader will apply, and those will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Lots of Ways to Get Involved
We do not sell your contact information to 3rd party websites or solicitors.